History

Early Days

Whitehills Harbour Trust was incorporated by an Act of Parliament in 1895, established to build and manage the Harbour. Since the Harbour was completed in 1900 it has been owned by the villagers and managed by nine elected Commissioners.

Harbour

Harbour

Harbour

Harbour

Recent Years

Whitehills was a highly successful commercial fishing port until the late 1990s when changes in the industry caused a substantial drop in income. Responsibility for the Harbour still lies with Whitehills Harbour Trust and in 1999, the Commissioners voted to develop it as a leisure marina.

In 2004 the Harbour won The Grampian Awards for Business Enterprise and the Alick Buchanan Smith Spirit of Enterprise Award

Award 2004

Harbour Master: Bertie Milne

Harbour Office: Harbour Place, Whitehills AB45 2NQ T: 01261 861291 M: 07906 135786 V.H.F: Channels 16 or 14

Copyright 2017 Whitehills Marina · RSS Feed · Log in

Organic Themes